The truck was possibly donated to the Orthopedic Center, founded by the Emergency Medical Field Service Training School and the Chinese Red Cross Medical Relief. The center trained disabled war veterans and produced orthopedic appliances, such as crutches and artificial limbs. It was run by Surgeon General Robert K.S. Lim, who studied and promoted sanitary science in China.
Source of Descriptive Information
Forman, H. (1948). Changing China. New York: Crown Publishers.