Frank Rogowski, a Polish immigrant, bought the corner lot at Layton Boulevard and built a movie theater "Boulevard". The theater was renamed "Layton Park" in 1919, when it was taken over by one Anton Washicheck. The building was razed in 1971.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee acquired the collection through the Assistance of Polanki, the Polish Women's Club of Milwaukee; and Roman Kwasniewski's daughter, Adele, and her husband, John Kaczmarowski. Representative Walter Kunicki and Senator John Plewa secured state funding for the processing of the collection.
Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System