The Kosciuszko Reds were a Polish-American semiprofessional baseball team, based in Milwaukee's South Side, that operated from 1909 to 1919. The Reds began competition in the City League, then shifted to the Lake Shore League, and won four championships during its decade of existence. The Reds played home games in South Side Park, located at the intersection of Grove Street (now S 5th) and Harrison Street, and routinely drew crowds in the thousands.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee acquired the collection through the Assistance of Polanki, the Polish Women's Club of Milwaukee; and Roman Kwasniewski's daughter, Adele, and her husband, John Kaczmarowski. Representative Walter Kunicki and Senator John Plewa secured state funding for the processing of the collection.
Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System