Kosciuszko Reds procession on S 5th Place (formerly Garden Street), south of Lincoln Avenue. The dome of St. Josaphat's Basilica is visible in the background. The Kosciuszko Reds were a Polish-American semiprofessional baseball team,
based in Milwaukee's South Side, that operated from 1909 to 1919. The team gained a large and enthusiastic following among Milwaukee Polonia, and won recognition as one of the elite semipro teams in the area.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee acquired the collection through the Assistance of Polanki, the Polish Women's Club of Milwaukee; and Roman Kwasniewski's daughter, Adele, and her husband, John Kaczmarowski. Representative Walter Kunicki and Senator John Plewa secured state funding for the processing of the collection.
Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System