Originally 124.5 acres, the park lost some space on its west side in 1960 due to Highway 41 construction. In 1967 the park expanded northeast to its current size of 134.8 acres. Well used for its lagoon, band shelter, and in 1904 its zoo
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee acquired the collection through the Assistance of Polanki, the Polish Women's Club of Milwaukee; and Roman Kwasniewski's daughter, Adele, and her husband, John Kaczmarowski. Representative Walter Kunicki and Senator John Plewa secured state funding for the processing of the collection.
Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System