Parade on the corner of 9th Avenue (now 14th Street)and Becher. Jozef Kwasniewski, the photographer’s father, owned a church goods store at 654 Becher ST (now 1338 W Becher Street). The building behind the Kwasniewski's store is St. Hyacinth Schools Hall constructed in 1891. The parade is probably coming from St. Hyacinth Church located at 10th Avenue and Becher (now 15th Street and Becher).
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee acquired the collection through the Assistance of Polanki, the Polish Women's Club of Milwaukee; and Roman Kwasniewski's daughter, Adele, and her husband, John Kaczmarowski. Representative Walter Kunicki and Senator John Plewa secured state funding for the processing of the collection.
Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries
The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System